This is a warm cup of luscious antioxidant, enzyme, amino, and mineral richness. This ancient beauty potion delivers deep nourishment into the bloodstream for bone and cell building and tissue regeneration, reversing the effects of aging and inflammation. It also tonifies and heals organs, beautifying on a cellular level and bringing suppleness to the skin and shine to hair.
Makes 12 ounces
- 12 ounces lait de coco (see below for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 teaspoons lucuma powder
- ¼ teaspoon pearl powder
- ½ teaspoon ground schisandra berries
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or coconut sap, or 1 drop of stevia for a low-glycemic version
- 1 teaspoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon tocotrienols
Lait de Coco
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup young Thai coconut meat (one 5×2-inch strip), fresh or frozen
- 4 cups water
- Pinch pink salt
- Gently warm the lait de coco in a saucepan over low heat, without allowing it to simmer. Carefully pour it into a blender. Add the rose water, lucuma, pearl, schisandra, sweetener, and oil. Blend on high for 20 seconds or until warm and frothy. Pour into a mug and serve topped with the tocotrienols.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds. This milk will have a nice cream on top when cold, so shake and stir to evenly distribute.
Reprinted from The Moon Juice Cookbook by arrangement with Pam Krauss Books/Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Amanda Bacon