Serves 4 hungry people
- 1 pound dry linguini
- 12 cloves of garlic sliced paper thin
- 1 tsp of pepperoncini
- 8 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp toasted breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 tpsp parmigiano reggiano
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Generously salt so it tastes like sea water.
- Drop your Linguini and set a timer for 6 minutes or a minute less than it says on the package.
- To make the sauce, slowly heat the garlic in the olive oil. After about one minute add the pepperoncini and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add 6oz of some of the pasta water and set aside.
- When the linguini is al dente drain through a colander reserving some of the water. Add to the pan with the garlic.
- Cook for a minute more so the pasta and sauce become one.
- Add the parsley, half the breadcrumbs and half the cheese.
- Toss well and add salt to taste. If pasta seems a little dry add a little more of the reserved water.
- Divide into 4 serving bowls and top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.