- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 shallot diced
- 1 zucchini sliced in disks then each disk cut into quads
- 4-6 asparagus stems cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt & pepper
* YOU CAN EASILY DOUBLE THE RECIPE FOR 4 PEOPLE, USING A 10″ SKILLET AND 8 EGGS
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Sautée shallots & vegetables, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an 6-8″ cast iron (or other oven-safe) skillet over medium-low and cook vegetables.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper. Pour eggs into skillet with vegetables and cook for approx 4-5 minutes until bottom is set. Sprinkle a few dollops of ricotta cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes until puffed up, doesn’t jiggle, and is slightly browning. Remove and let cool slightly. Chop some fresh herbs atop before serving.