- 2 bunches okra, washed, dried and trimmed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and cut into slivers
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Toss the okra with olive oil and salt. Spread an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast 20-30 minutes until tender and deeply golden brown in places, shaking the pan every 10 minutes to redistribute. Meanwhile, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the scallions to the pan. Season with salt and toss to coat. Cook 2 minutes to soften, then add the dates and continue cooking another 2 minutes, tossing and stirring regularly. Add the hazelnuts and finish cooking another 1-2 minutes to warm through.Once the okra is done roasting, remove to serving platter. Top with hazelnut mixture, season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!