- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup kasha (dry-roasted buckwheat groats)
- 1 squash (we used honey squash)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lavender
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- a few teaspoons of honey
- Heat the coconut oil in a flat sauté pan to melt. Add the kasha, or buckwheat groats. Use a ratio of 1.5 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to 1 cup of kasha. Bring to a high heat and cook until bubbles start to form and the kasha starts to brown. Season nicely with salt.
- Cut the squash down the middle lengthwise and season with oil, salt and pepper. Place the squash, cut-side down, into a 425-degree oven. This will roast the squash and steam it within.
- For serving, you can add anything you want. In this dish we used lavender, greek yogurt and honey. You can also feel free to garnish with pomegranate seeds, coconut flakes or cocoa nibs.