- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 small bulb fennel, diced small (about ½ cup) reserve fronds
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons, chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons, chopped fresh parsley
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzle
- 3 dates, pitted and cubed
- crème fraiche
- 3 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
- flaky sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place the lightly pierced sweet potatoes on sheet pan lined with parchment. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the potatoes roast place the diced fennel, jalapeno, and herbs in a bowl with the olive oil and juice from 2 limes. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes are removed from the oven and slightly cooled, slice them open while leaving the bottom attached. Spoon some of the relish over the potatoes, add a dollop of crème fraiche, and sprinkle with chopped dates and some pepitas. Finish with reserved and torn fennel fronds, flaky sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper.
Tip – season your pepitas with olive oil, salt and pepper before toasting. Add a pinch of cumin for a smoky spice.