- “The key to this salad is having everything pre-prepared and then just throwing it all together when you’re ready to eat.”Serves 2
FOR THE DRESSING:Option 1: Anchovy Vinaigrette
- 2-3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced in half
- big handful of green beans, ends cut off and blanched
- 4-6 potatoes (depending on their size) boiled, peeled and sliced into quarters
- handful or 2 of kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 large tomato cut into big chunks (heirlooms are great at this time of year)
- 2 big handfuls arugula
Option 2: Lemon and Hemp seed dressing
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 anchovy fillets, ground to a paste in a mortar and pestle
- pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch sea salt + black pepper
- 2-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Make your dressing of choice by either throwing all of the ingredients into a mason jar with a lid and shaking until mixed or whisk together in a bowl.
- Arrange the salad ingredients on a plate starting with the arugula first. Then add in the beans, potatoes, eggs, tomatoes and olives.
- Drizzle with the dressing and a little cracked pepper and enjoy with a nice cold glass of rose!