- 1/2 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1/2 cup spring peas, split in half
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/2 cup micro greens, we used bulls blood
- 1/2 pea shoots
- 2 balls of fresh burrata
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar, alternatively you can also use the mignonette
- Salt & pepper to taste
Burrata & Asparagus Salad
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice bath. Blanch the asparagus until just bright green; this should take less than 1 minute. Immediately remove with tongs, or drain in a colander and transfer to ice bath to stop the cooking process. Dry on paper towels and slice into threes on a bias.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, lemon zest, salt & pepper.
3. Assemble salad by tossing together asparagus, peas, greens, and mint. Lay burrata on top of salad and drizzle with vinaigrette. Season with salt & pepper to taste.