Baby heirloom tomatoes cook gently to form a delicious pasta sauce. This dish is all about simplicity so use the best ingredients you can find.
Serves 4 to 6.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for finishing
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 cup dry rosé or white wine
- 2-½ pounds baby heirloom tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound angel hair pasta (preferably fresh)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ bunch fresh chives, chopped or minced
- Micro basil, for garnish (optional)
- Flaky sea salt
Sauté Pan: Our go-to for sautéeing large batches of vegetables, pan sauces, and pasta dishes like this. It’s the perfect size for adding the cooked pasta to the tomatoes, allowing them to meld together.
Wonder Valley Olive Oil: We like to use this California olive oil for finishing.