- 2 pounds baby new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Small handful fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons freshly shaved horseradish
- ½ cup of creme fraiche
- 2-3 tablespoons of labne
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
Smashed Potatoes with Horseradish Gremolata
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and simmer until they’re tender, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes. Drain in a colander. Using a flat-bottomed cup or mug, gently smash the potatoes. Turn them onto a baking sheet; use two sheets if necessary to avoid overcrowding. Drizzle the potatoes generously with some oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until they’re golden, about 15 minutes, then flip and roast until golden and crispy all over, about 10 minutes more.
In a small bowl, mix together the dill, capers, and garlic. Zest half of the lemon and horseradish over the mixture, add the oil, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.